After Meindl now also the Italian mountain shoe specialist La Sportiva launches own project within the framework of Gore-Tex experience tour. We are looking for three talented mountain enthusiasts who will make their own shoes. The candidates Manufactory near Trentino in Northern Italy are invited on 28 and 29 March 2011 to the La Sportiva where they are led by experts through the design process.
The application for this project progresses in two phases:
- Who would like to join, must register via Facebook for the project, where friends can then vote for one. A jury then chooses the 10 best candidates.
- Everyone who made it to the 2nd round, has to determine 3 winners from the 10 finalists to present own draft of the, in his opinion, perfect trekking shoe.
The application period has already begun. Here the most important data of the individual phases:
- At the end of the application period: 13 February
- End of the voting on Facebook: February 20
- Creative phase to the design of the draft of the 10 finalists: February 25-March 7
- Experience Tour project: 28 + 29 March
To participate in the La Sportiva project you should be an Oudoor fan, live in Europe, be at least 18 years old, be powerful the English language (the tour will be held in English), be creative, be willing to work with a team of experts, and of course on both days of the experience tour be available.
About the Gore-Tex experience tour
At the Gore-Tex® Experience Tour young outdoor enthusiasts from all over Europe for various outdoor challenges on Facebook can apply.
The first ascent of the Summit, an outdoor books in Scottish wilderness, photo expedition on Norway’s Lofoten Islands, or with your own hands construct a shoe classics. Young outdoor enthusiasts from all over Europe have the option on the side of professionals to realize their outdoor dream.