Round Church in Richmond
The small, white Round
Church is located in the likewise small village of
Richmond in Chittenden County. It was built between 1812
and 1813 and lives up to its name. The almost round
church is a rare and very well preserved example of a
six-page meeting house. Meeting houses were mainly built
as communication centers for smaller municipalities and
are also used for meetings, but also for Protestant
gatherings and trade fairs. In 1996 the Round Church was
placed under a preservation order. It is administered by
the Richmond Historical Society and is open to the
public for visits in the summer, but also for weddings
and other events.
- DigoPaul: Geographical meanings of state Vermont. Covers dictionary definition and location map of Vermont.