Blue Diamond, Nevada is a small town located in Clark County. The population of Blue Diamond is estimated to be around 350 people. Geographically, the town is situated in the foothills of the Spring Mountains and offers a unique desert landscape with red rock formations and Joshua trees. The climate in Blue Diamond is arid, with hot summers and mild winters. Check ehangzhou for best time to travel to Nevada.
The history of Blue Diamond dates back to 1876 when a pair of prospectors discovered silver ore in the area and established a mining camp. By 1900, many settlers had arrived and the area was officially incorporated as Blue Diamond City.
Politics in Blue Diamond are largely influenced by the county seat of Las Vegas, but there are several local issues that concern citizens such as water rights, land use, and taxes.
The economy of Blue Diamond is largely dependent on tourism due to its proximity to Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area and Valley of Fire State Park. There are also several small businesses located within the town limits including a local grocery store, cafes, and antique shops that attract visitors from Las Vegas.
Blue Diamond has one elementary school that serves students from kindergarten through eighth grade. After graduating from eighth grade most students attend high schools in nearby towns or cities like Las Vegas or Henderson.
There are several landmarks located throughout Blue Diamond including an old cemetery that dates back to the 19th century when it was used by early settlers for burials; an old stone mill which was used for grinding ore during the silver boom; an abandoned train station; and a few historic buildings such as a former post office building that now houses a museum dedicated to local history.
Males: 144 (51.1%), Females: 138 (48.9%)
Zip code: 89004
Median resident age: 42.9 years
Median household income: $54,091
Median house value: $194,300
Races in Blue Diamond:
- White Non-Hispanic (92.9%)
- Two or more races (3.2%)
- American Indian (2.5%)
- Hispanic (1.4%)
- Other Asian (0.7%)
Ancestries: German (28.4%), English (28.0%), Irish (14.2%), French (13.1%), United States (13.1%), Scotch-Irish (10.3%).
Elevation: 3400 feet
Land area: 7.4 square miles
Blue Diamond, Nevada is a small town located in the Mojave Desert, on the western side of Clark County. It has a population of approximately 500 people and is known for its beautiful scenery and outdoor recreational opportunities. The cost of living in Blue Diamond is quite reasonable, with many amenities available for residents. The median home price is around $120,000 and the median household income is just over $50,000. The overall cost of living in Blue Diamond is below the national average, making it an affordable place to live for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. The town offers plenty of activities for residents including hiking trails, camping sites, and various festivals throughout the year. Shopping can also be found nearby in neighboring towns such as Las Vegas and Pahrump. Blue Diamond also has a thriving local economy with several businesses operating out of the area including restaurants, bars, cafes and retail stores. There are also several medical facilities located nearby providing excellent healthcare services to its residents. In addition to that there are plenty of educational opportunities available through local schools as well as community colleges in Las Vegas or Pahrump. All in all Blue Diamond has much to offer both young families looking for an affordable place to live as well as retirees who want to enjoy their golden years surrounded by natural beauty and outdoor recreation activities.
For population 25 years and over in Blue Diamond
- High school or higher: 78.8%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 36.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 16.5%
- Unemployed: 6.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 42.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Blue Diamond CDP
- Never married: 15.8%
- Now married: 36.1%
- Separated: 4.1%
- Widowed: 9.4%
- Divorced: 34.6%
0.0% Foreign born
Hospitals/medical centers near Blue Diamond:
- SUMMERLIN HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER (about 13 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV)
- HEALTHSOUTH HOSPITAL AT TENAYA (about 14 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV)
- MOUTAINVIEW HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Blue Diamond:
- MC CARRAN INTL (about 18 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV; Abbreviation: LAS)
- NELLIS AFB (about 29 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV; Abbreviation: LSV)
- LAUGHLIN/BULLHEAD INTERNATIONAL (about 86 miles; BULLHEAD CITY, AZ; Abbreviation: IFP)
Other public-use airports nearest to Blue Diamond:
- NORTH LAS VEGAS (about 19 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV; Abbreviation: VGT)
- HENDERSON EXECUTIVE (about 20 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV; Abbreviation: HND)
- JEAN (about 21 miles; JEAN, NV; Abbreviation: 0L7)
Amtrak station near Blue Diamond:
- 20 miles: LAS VEGAS (1 MAIN ST.) – Bus Station. Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, call for taxi service, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Blue Diamond:
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN NEVADA (about 23 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV; Full-time enrollment: 13,686)
- UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA-LAS VEGAS (about 31 miles; LAS VEGAS, NV; Full-time enrollment: 15,686)
- LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY (about 92 miles; LOMA LINDA, CA; Full-time enrollment: 2,761)
- MOHAVE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 115 miles; KINGMAN, AZ; Full-time enrollment: 2,405)
- DIXIE STATE COLLEGE OF UTAH (about 145 miles; ST GEORGE, UT; Full-time enrollment: 4,347)
- CERRO COSO COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 161 miles; RIDGECREST, CA; Full-time enrollment: 2,347)
- UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-RIVERSIDE (about 164 miles; RIVERSIDE, CA; Full-time enrollment: 12,213)
Public primary/middle school in Blue Diamond:
- BLUE DIAMOND ELEM (Students: 26; Location: 912 VILLAGE LANE; Grades: KG – 06)