Shopping in Minnesota means visiting malls and shopping. According to Directoryaah, the Mall of America in Bloomington is one of the most visited destinations in the United States. What’s extra nice is that you don’t have to pay tax on clothing and shoes in Minnesota, because they are tax-free. Even more reasons to shop here.
Mall of America
Shop in the Mall of America at more than 520 stores or enjoy yourself in one of the 50 restaurants. This huge indoor shopping center is a day trip for the whole family. The children have certainly been thought of because there is a large amusement park in the middle of the Mall of America. From roller coaster to merry-go-round, it’s all there. This is not the only one, the largest indoor theme park in the world, Nickelodeon Universe®, is located here next to SEA LIFE® Minnesota Aquarium. Tired of this spectacle? Easily hop on the streetcar from the Mall of America and visit downtown Minneapolis.
More than 520 stores
With more than 520 stores, the whole family can indulge in gadgets, clothing, shoes and more.
- Apple-store: level 1
- Asics: level 1
- Barnes & Noble: level 1
- The Body Shop: level 1
- Martens: level 1
- Guess: level 2
- H&M: level 1
- Levi’s: level 2
- Nike: level 2
More than 50 restaurants
If you like an extensive choice of restaurants, the Mall of America is the right place. With more than 50 restaurants, the choice is huge. For those who find it difficult to choose, here is a top-7 list of recommendations:
- Rainforest Café: 306 South Avenue, open: 11am-9:30pm Monday-Thurs 11am-10pm Friday-Saturday and 11am-7pm Sunday
- CRAVE: 368 South Avenue, open: 11am-10pm Monday-Saturday and 11am-7pm Sunday
- Cantina #1: 406 East Broadway, open: 11am-11pm Monday, 11am-2am Tuesday-Saturday and 11am-7pm Offer: on Tuesday children eat for free all day
- Buffalo Wild Wings: 312 South Avenue, open: 11am-11pm Monday-Thurs, 11am-12am Friday-Saturday, and 11am-10pm Sunday
- Masu Sushi & Robata: 344 South Avenue, open: 11am-9pm Monday-Thursday, 11am-10pm Friday-Saturday and 11am-7pm Sunday
- Shake Shack: 332 North Garden, open: 11am-9:30pm Monday-Saturday and 11:20pm-8pm Sunday
- Cantina Laredo: 300 West Market, open: 11:00-22:00 Monday-Saturday and 11:00-19:00 Sunday
There are several events in the Mall of America throughout the year:
- Pictures with Santa, an experience where children and adults can have their picture taken with Santa Claus
- Nintendo Holiday Experience, play the latest Nintendo game in front of Mario and Luigi
- Holiday Music Festival, this cheerful event features performances and live music from schools, communities and professional musicians
- In the Nickelodeon Universe parkyou can enjoy various attractions and shows all year round. Prices range from $8 to $37 for children and adults.
The Mall of America is easy to reach by car. There is also ample parking for disabled vehicles on all levels in the east and west parking wings. Level 1 and 4 have the most parking spaces for disabled vehicles and here you can enter the Mall of America without an elevator or stairs. And, parking is completely free.
Opening hours vary per store. In general, the shops open between 10:00 and 11:00 and are open until 22:00. Nickelodeon Universe® is open from 10am-9:30pm Monday-Saturday and 11am-7pm Sunday. The SEA LIFE® Minnesota Aquarium is open from 10am-7pm Monday-Thursday, 10am-8pm Friday-Saturday, and 10am-6pm Sunday. Most shops are closed during Easter, Thanks Giving and Christmas.
Food & Drink in Minnesota
When you think of food and drink in Minnesota, you might think of a few classics: nutty wild rice, flaky walleye, and stick-to-your-guts hot dish. Of course, many things have changed in recent years due to the food revolution. Traditional dishes are increasingly used as a basis for preparing something in a new way. Chefs from all over the region are transforming ancient dishes and creating new menus based on the familiar flavors. Minnesota is also an excellent place for a beer or a glass of wine!
Fitger’s is a club where you can enjoy a snack and a drink, after which you can show your dance moves on the dance floor. Favorite here is the brewpub’s smoked fish salad. Smoked in a nearby Northern Waters smokehouse and served with wild rice and a delicious dressing. This is sure to bring a lot of flavor to your table.
The Buedoor Pub, St. Paul & Minneapolis
The hamburger filled with cheese even got its own name here: the Jucy Lucy. The Bluedoor Pub first served the Jucy Lucy in South Minnesota and the menu is now full of several variations on the original. Which seems very tasty to us? The Bangkok Blucy, a hamburger filled with mozzarella soaked in coconut milk and sprinkled with sour carrots, cucumbers, red onion and ginger.
Where to stay in Minnesota
There are many ways to stay in Minnesota, from luxury resorts, hotels, and bed-and-breakfasts with full amenities and services to lake cabins and wilderness campgrounds. We have listed a number of places to stay in Minnesota for you. What do you prefer?
Resorts, Campsites and Holiday Homes
In Minnesota you will find various resorts, campsites and holiday homes in beautiful nature. Stay in a house on the water and enjoy the space and tranquility around you.
After a great day on the lake, you’re probably thinking, ‘I never want to get out of the water again!’ If you stay overnight on a houseboat, you don’t have to. You take the comfort of home with you when you travel. A unique summer vacation, a beautiful houseboat adventure with the ultimate freedom to explore the waters and wilderness.