Marble Falls is located in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, a region known for its rolling hills and scenic views. The city has a population of around 7,154 people, with a median age of 43.9 years. The geography of Marble Falls consists mainly of limestone hills, creeks and rivers, making it an attractive destination for outdoor activities such as hiking and fishing. The climate is mild year-round, with temperatures rarely reaching above 90 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer months or below freezing during winter. Check Ehangzhou for best time to travel to Texas.
The history of Marble Falls dates back to 1854 when settlers from Tennessee established the town on the banks of the Colorado River. The city was originally named “Marble City” due to its large deposits of marble which were used to construct many buildings in the area. In 1889, Marble City was officially renamed Marble Falls after a waterfall located nearby.
Politically speaking, Marble Falls is part of Burnet County and operates under a mayor-council form of government. As far as economy goes, Marble Falls is home to numerous businesses including manufacturing plants, retail stores and restaurants that help drive economic growth in the area.
Education wise, Marble Falls ISD serves students from kindergarten through 12th grade and offers a variety of educational opportunities such as advanced placement classes and dual credit programs at their two high schools: Marble Falls High School and Faith Academy High School. In addition to public schools there are also several private schools available in town such as St John’s Lutheran School and King’s Point Christian Academy.
When it comes to landmarks there are many attractions that make Marble Falls unique including Lake Marble Falls which offers fishing opportunities year round; Bluebonnet Park which includes an amphitheater; Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge where visitors can observe native wildlife; Max Starcke Park which offers picnic areas and pedestrian trails; plus art galleries such as Uptown Art Gallery that showcase local artwork from talented artists around Central Texas.
Population: 4,959. Estimated population in July 2020: 6,745 (+36.0% change)
Males: 2,327 (46.9%), Females: 2,632 (53.1%)
Zip codes: 78654, 78657.
Median resident age: 35.7 years
Median household income: $30,880
Median house value: $84,600
Races in Marble Falls:
- White Non-Hispanic (73.2%)
- Hispanic (22.5%)
- Other race (8.9%)
- Black (2.5%)
- Two or more races (2.0%)
- American Indian (1.1%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: German (14.6%), Irish (10.5%), English (10.3%), United States (9.3%), Scotch-Irish (2.8%), Scottish (1.6%).
Elevation: 821 feet
Land area: 6.1 square miles
Neah Marble Falls, Texas is a small city located in Burnet County with a population of 5,944 according to the 2018 census. It is known for its beautiful scenery and outdoor activities, making it an attractive destination for tourists and retirees alike. The city has an estimated median household income of $41,000 and a median home value of $145,000. The cost of living in Neah Marble Falls is lower than the United States average due to its rural setting and low crime rate. Groceries, health care and housing are all more affordable than the national average. Residents benefit from low housing costs due to the large number of small single family homes available for rent or purchase at reasonable prices. The unemployment rate in Neah Marble Falls is 4%, which is lower than the national average. In addition to a lower cost of living, Neah Marble Falls also offers many amenities such as quality schools, parks, churches and recreational facilities that are available to all residents regardless of their income level.
For population 25 years and over in Marble Falls
- High school or higher: 77.1%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 15.5%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.9%
- Unemployed: 3.2%
- Mean travel time to work: 17.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Marble Falls city
- Never married: 20.4%
- Now married: 55.8%
- Separated: 2.0%
- Widowed: 9.4%
- Divorced: 12.4%
7.1% Foreign born (5.5% Latin America).
Population change in the 1990s: +942 (+23.5%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Marble Falls:
- SETON HIGHLAND LAKES (about 14 miles; BURNET, TX)
- LLANO MEMORIAL HEALTHCARE SYSTEM (about 29 miles; LLANO, TX)
- ROLLINS BROOK COMMUNITY (about 35 miles; LAMPASAS, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Marble Falls:
- ROBERT GRAY AAF (about 47 miles; FORT HOOD/KILLEEN, TX; Abbreviation: GRK)
- AUSTIN-BERGSTROM INTL (about 51 miles; AUSTIN, TX; Abbreviation: AUS)
- KILLEEN MUNI (about 55 miles; KILLEEN, TX; Abbreviation: ILE)
Other public-use airports nearest to Marble Falls:
- SUNRISE BEACH (about 9 miles; SUNRISE BEACH VILLAGE, TX; Abbreviation: 2KL)
- BURNET MUNI KATE CRADDOCK FIELD (about 12 miles; BURNET, TX; Abbreviation: BMQ)
- SPICEWOOD (about 14 miles; SPICEWOOD, TX; Abbreviation: 88R)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Marble Falls:
- SAINT EDWARD’S UNIVERSITY (about 43 miles; AUSTIN, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,870)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN (about 43 miles; AUSTIN, TX; Full-time enrollment: 46,503)
- AUSTIN COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 43 miles; AUSTIN, TX; Full-time enrollment: 12,819)
- CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE (about 49 miles; KILLEEN, TX; Full-time enrollment: 6,777)
- SOUTHWEST TEXAS STATE UNIVERSITY (about 54 miles; SAN MARCOS, TX; Full-time enrollment: 18,822)
- UNIVERSITY OF MARY HARDIN-BAYLOR (about 65 miles; BELTON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,257)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT SAN ANTONIO (about 73 miles; SAN ANTONIO, TX; Full-time enrollment: 14,495)
Public high school in Marble Falls:
- MARBLE FALLS HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 1,064; Location: 2101 MUSTANG DR; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Marble Falls:
- MARBLE FALLS MIDDLE SCHOOL (Students: 813; Location: 1511 PONY CIR; Grades: 06 – 08)
- COLT ELEMENTARY (Students: 707; Location: 1800 COLT DR; Grades: PK – 02)
- MARBLE FALLS EL (Students: 527; Location: 1909 BROADWAY ST; Grades: 03 – 05)
Private primary/middle school in Marble Falls:
- ST PETERS LUTHERAN PRESCH & KG (Students: 38; Location: 1803 HWY 1431 W; Grades: PK – KG)