Enjoy the freedom of your own motorhome along the east coast of Australia. During the trip, cozy towns, outback, legendary beaches, lots of hiking opportunities, the world’s oldest rainforest and fantastic snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef await. Learn more about Australia on smber.
In your own luxury motorhome you can get to all corners of Australia, to the small communities, the legendary national parks and the beautiful beaches that few visit.
The journey begins with four days in Sydney on your own. From here you pick up your motorhome and are free to travel along the east coast of Australia to Cairns. You have the motorhome for 23 days and with free kilometers you can freely set the course where it suits you. Once you have left the motorhome in Cairns, you will go on your own to your apartment at fantastic Trinity Beach. Here you have two nights before the trip goes back to Sweden. It is also possible to make stops in, for example, Singapore or Hong Kong on the way home.
Day 1: Departure from Scandinavia
Day 2-4: Sydney
We have booked the first two nights at a centrally located hotel in Sydney. Spend your days exploring Sydney. Check out the Opera House, climb the Harbor Bridge, enjoy the sun on Bondi Beach and soak up the city atmosphere before the freedom and open spaces attract.
Day 5- 26: Road trip
After a few days in Australia’s largest city, pick up your motorhome and head north towards Cairns. You have 23 days to drive the more than 2,500 km between Sydney and Cairns. Freedom is the main theme of this trip – but we are happy to help with some suggestions on good places to stay. Some of our favorites along Australia’s east coast:
- Hiking in the Blue Mountains
- Taste the good wine in the Hunter Valley
- Visit the coastal town of Port Stephens
- Explore Myall Lakes National Park
- Enjoy the beautiful hiking trails and take a dip in Crowdy Bay National Park
- Hiking in the New England and Lamington National Parks
- Surf or take a dip at Crescent Head or Byron Bay
- See wildlife in Australia Zoo
- Explore the beautiful scenery and stunning beaches of the Sunshine Coast and Glass House Mountains
- See dingoes, crystal clear freshwater lakes and the pristine coast at Fraserön
- If you have the time and advice, you should take a trip to the fantastic island of Lady Elliot
- Experience the relaxed atmosphere of Agnes Water and the community of 1770
- Get a wilderness experience with cave paintings and wild kangaroos in Carnarvon National Park
- Enjoy beautiful beaches and the Whitsunday Islands
- Take a dip in Paluma National Park or Wooroonooran National Park’s many waterfalls
- Explore the impressive Capricorn Caves
- Learn about the local Aborigines living with and by nature in Port Douglas
- Visit the world’s oldest rainforest and the deserted beaches of Cape Tribulation
- Snorkel or dive at the world’s largest coral reef, the Great Barrier Reef
As you can see, there are plenty of fantastic experiences waiting for you along Australia’s east coast. Moreover, this is just a selection of them.
Day 27-28: Cairns
After leaving your motorhome in Cairns you go to your apartment at Trinity Beach. Here you have two nights before you start your journey home to Sweden.
Day 29: Return trip
Time to say goodbye and maybe see you again and start the journey home to Scandinavia.
Day 30: Homecoming
Three nights in a hotel in Sydney
Twenty-two nights in a motorhome
Two nights in an apartment at Trinity Beach
The motorhome is equipped with double bed, toilet / bath, kitchen, refrigerator, DVD / flat screen TV, barbecue, air conditioning, bedding / duvets, kitchen utensils and much more. It runs on diesel and has an automatic transmission, so you do not have to bother with manual shifting but instead can concentrate on driving on the opposite (left) side of the road.