TRAVEL ON YOUR OWN IN PERU
Travel through Peru for up to 12 months with the opportunity to hike in Machu Pichu, see the wildlife of the Amazon, soak up the atmosphere of local markets, experience the amazing Inca culture, fly over the mysterious Nazca lines and go sandboarding in Ica. See more about Peru on findjobdescriptions.
Travel around Peru at your own pace. Whether you are traveling as a backpacker or glampacker, it is nice to have a calm start to the journey with flights, pick up at the airport and two nights at a hotel in Lima pre-booked and ready.
We also help with things that are important for a successful trip, such as minimizing transfer time, arranging good stopovers, airlines’ alliances, stop-over opportunities, child discounts, seats on the plane and much more.
Day 1: Departure from Scandinavia and arrival in Lima
Departure from Scandinavia to Lima, where you will arrive the next day. One or two stopovers will be added depending on which airline you travel with. You will be picked up at the airport and driven to your hotel in the city.
Day 2: On an adventure in Lima
The day is free at your disposal. Lima is an exciting and contrasting city, where natives mix with business people. Experience the city’s historic center with i.a. The Plaza Mayor, the Government Palace and the San Francisco Church, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Day 3: Departure Lima – on further adventures in South America
On this day, you can choose to book a few extra days in Lima or continue your journey around Peru. Do not miss hiking in the Andes, sunrise in the Machu Picchu ruins, sandboarding in Ica, nature cruises on Islas Ballestas, mountain climbing on Huaraz in Huascarán National Park, a flight over the legendary Nazca lines, staying with a local family on Lake Titicaca or experience the huge condors flying over the Colca gorge.
Two nights in a double room in a hotel.
BACKPACKING AND LANGUAGE SCHOOL IN SOUTH AMERICA
Whether you are traveling as a backpacker or glampacker, it is nice to have a calm start to the journey by plane but a week of language school in Buenos Aires before continuing on an adventure around South America that ends in Lima.
Your adventure in South America begins in the city of Buenos Aires in Argentina. Here you first get instruction in Spanish for a week, incredibly useful and invaluable when you are backpacking around South America. The teaching is done in groups and with basic Spanish skills you can then continue your journey in South America. Then take some time during your trip through Argentina, Chile, Bolivia and Peru.
Best travel period
Trips to Argentina, Chile, Bolivia and Peru can be made all year round. The area has summer when we have winter in Sweden. Chile and Argentina are best from November to April and Bolivia and Peru from May to November. But you can also travel in these countries outside this period, as it is rainy season in Bolivia and Peru and winter in southern Argentina and Chile.
Day 1: Departure from Scandinavia
Departure from Scandinavia to Buenos Aires, where you will arrive the next day. One or two stopovers will be added depending on which airline you travel with.
Day 2: Arrival in Buenos Aires
Upon arrival in Buenos Aires, proceed to your hostel. You will stay seven nights here.
Day 3-8: On an adventure in Buenos Aires
For the next five days, you will participate in Spanish lessons. You have lessons for two hours in the morning and two hours in the afternoon. The course gives you basic knowledge of Spanish, which is important when you travel on your own in South America. All educational material is included in the price. ( F )
Day 9– ?: Departure from Buenos Aires to other adventures in South America
On this day, you can choose to book a few extra days in Buenos Aires or continue your trip around Argentina. You are planning your return trip from Lima with us. If you need more inspiration for your trip to South America or help with booking overnight stays, more flights, excursions, etc., you can book a meeting with us. Freedom is the main theme of this trip, but we are happy to help and give suggestions for good places to stay. Some of our favorites between Buenos Aires and Cuzco are, for example:
- Dance the tango with the locals of Buenos Aires
- See the huge penguin colony in Punta Tombo
- Explore the impressive Perito Moreno Glacier
- Hike on Fitz Roy and Torres del Paine
- See the impressive fjord landscape in Chile
- Kayaking or mountain biking in Bariloche
- Cycle through the vineyards and taste the local wine of Mendoza
- Go exploring in the cozy little villages north of Salta
- See the clear starry sky and the world’s driest desert in San Pedro de Atacama
- Travel through the surreal landscape of the Salar de Uyuni
- Take a deep dive into Bolivia’s mines at Potosi
- See the colorful markets of Peru and Bolivia
- Explore the world’s highest capital, La Paz
- Climb the 6,088 m high mountain Huayna Potosi
- Ride a mountain bike on the world’s most dangerous country road
- See wildlife up close and swim with wild Amazon dolphins in the Rurrenabaque swamp area
- Stay with the locals and see the beautiful landscape on Lake Titicaca
- Enjoy the cozy atmosphere of Arequipa
- Hike in one of the world’s deepest gorges, Colca Canyon
- Try sandboarding on the impressive dunes of the city of Ica
- See the mythical Nascal lines from a propeller plane
- See the unique wildlife of the Ballestas Islands (also known as the Galapagos for poor people) up close
- Enjoy the charming town of Cusco and explore the Sacred Valley
- Hike along the ancient Inca trails and watch the sunrise at Machu Picchu
- Explore the Amazon rainforest and see wildlife
As you can see, there are plenty of amazing experiences waiting for you in South America. Moreover, this is just a selection of them.
Seven nights in a hostel in a shared dormitory