Round Church in Richmond
The small, white Round Church is located in the likewise small village of Richmond in Chittenden County. It was built between 1812 and 1813 and lives up to its name. The almost round church is a rare and very well preserved example of a six-page meeting house. Meeting houses were mainly built as communication centers for smaller municipalities and are also used for meetings, but also for Protestant gatherings and trade fairs. In 1996 the Round Church was placed under a preservation order. It is administered by the Richmond Historical Society and is open to the public for visits in the summer, but also for weddings and other events.