With a Working Holiday visa, you can combine your trip to New Zealand with a work period. It is a fantastic opportunity to meet a lot of new people and have many exciting experiences. Learn more about New Zealand on ebizdir.
New Zealand and Sweden have a collaboration that makes it possible for Swedish citizens to combine holidays and work in New Zealand. A Working Holiday visa is valid for 12 months and you can work for up to 3 months with the same employer. It is a great financial complement to your trip around New Zealand and at the same time an experience of a lifetime!
Day 1: Departure from Scandinavia
Departure from Scandinavia to Auckland.
Day 2-4: Sydney
After arriving in Auckland, head to your downtown hostel. You then have two nights in a hostel in a dormitory room. / p>
Day?: Continuing adventures
Now your adventure continues. Either you travel around New Zealand and experience the country or you have 12 months to stay and work. If you want help booking extra nights in Auckland or planning the entire trip, contact us.
Two nights in a hostel
Your visa is electronic and registered via your passport number. Therefore, it is IMPORTANT that you travel with the same passport with which you have applied for a visa.
Your visa is valid for 12 months and entitles you to stay in New Zealand for 12 months. You can travel in and out of the country within the validity period.
Who can apply for a Working Holiday visa?
There are some criteria that must be met in order for you to apply for a work visa:
- You must have a Swedish passport that is valid for at least 15 months from your planned arrival in New Zealand. This is regardless of how long you plan to stay in the country, as a work visa gives you permission to spend 12 months in New Zealand.
- You must be between 18-30 years old.
- You must have travel insurance that covers costs for, for example, illness during the entire period you are staying in New Zealand.
- You must have good health, which meets certain requirements.
- You must not have been punished.
- You are not allowed to bring children.
- You must have a return ticket out of the country.
- You must have enough money to support yourself until you find work. At least an amount corresponding to NZD 4,200 (this amount is subject to change without notice).
- Holidays in New Zealand should be the main reason for the visit, work should only be the secondary reason.
- You must not have had a Working Holiday visa before.
Please note that the processing of a Working Holiday visa may be delayed if you:
- Have a child.
- Will work in healthcare and with younger children.
- Has or has had / suffered from particularly serious illnesses.
- Has undergone a health check for a special reason.
- Have lived for more than 3 months in the last 5 years in a country that is considered to have a high risk of tuberculosis (a lung X-ray is required to prove that you are not infected). Lung X-rays must be done at selected hospitals.
- Has been convicted of an unlawful act.
- Has been deported or asked to leave another country.
- Has been in military service in addition to normal military service.