Yemen is a country in Middle East. It is located on the Arabian Peninsula and is bordered by Saudi Arabia to the north, Oman to the east, and the Red Sea to the west. Yemen has a population of approximately 28 million people. The capital and largest city is Sana’a. The official language of Yemen is Arabic. Islam is the predominant religion in Yemen, with roughly 99% of the population being Muslim.
Major landmarks of Yemen
1. Old City of Sana’a: This ancient walled city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. It is famous for its distinctive multi-story mud-brick buildings and its grand Sultan’s Palace, which dates back to the 11th century.
2. Al Mahwit: This city is home to many ancient ruins and monuments, including the Great Mosque of Al Mahwit, which was built in 1295, and the nearby 13th century fort.
3. Socotra Island: This remote island off the coast of Yemen has been called “the most alien-looking place on Earth” due to its unique flora and fauna that cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
4. Wadi Do’an: This picturesque canyon located near Sana’a is a popular tourist destination and offers stunning views of lush green valleys and towering sandstone cliffs.
5. Jabal Haraz Mountains: These mountains are located north of Sana’a and offer breathtaking views of terraced farms, traditional villages, gorges, caves, waterfalls, and more.
The best time to travel to Yemen
The best time to travel to Yemen is between October and April, which is the country’s dry season. During this time, temperatures are mild and there is little rainfall. This is also the best time for outdoor activities such as hiking and sightseeing. The months of May through September are characterized by hot temperatures and higher levels of humidity, making it less suitable for outdoor activities.
Climate of Yemen
According to zipcodesexplorer, the climate in Yemen is generally hot and dry. The temperature varies from hot to very hot throughout the year, with average highs ranging from 80-110°F (27-43°C). The coastal areas are generally more humid than inland areas. Rainfall is rare in most parts of the country, but it does occur during the summer months (June to September). There are four distinct seasons: a cool winter season (December to February); a hot and dry spring season (March to May); a hot and rainy summer season (June to August); and a warm autumn season (September to November).
Weather information of Yemen by month
January: January is generally mild and dry with temperatures ranging from an average low of 11°C (52°F) to an average high of 25°C (77°F).
February: February is usually sunny and mild, with temperatures ranging from an average low of 13°C (55°F) to an average high of 28°C (82°F).
March: March typically brings warm weather with temperatures ranging from an average low of 16°C (61°F) to an average high of 31°C (88°F).
April: April is usually hot and dry with temperatures ranging from a low of 18 °C (64 °F) to a high of 36 °C (97 °F).
May: May is typically hot and humid, with temperatures ranging from a low of 21 °C (70 °F) to a high of 39 °C (102 °F).
June: June sees increasing heat and humidity, with temperatures ranging from a low of 24 °C (75 °F) to a high of 43 °C (109 °F).
July: July is the hottest month in Yemen, with temperatures reaching up to 45-47 degrees Celsius or 113-116 Fahrenheit. The temperature range for the month is between 26-45 degrees Celsius or 78-113 Fahrenheit.
August: August is hot and humid, with temperatures ranging from a low of 26 °C (79 °F) to a high of 44 °C (111 °F).
September: September brings slightly cooler weather, but it can still be quite hot during the day. Temperatures range from a low of 22−25 degrees Celsius or 72−77 Fahrenheit up to 35−38 degrees Celsius or 95−100 Fahrenheit.
October: October brings cooler weather, with temperatures ranging between 18–21 degrees Celsius or 64–69 Fahrenheit at night and 28–31 degrees Celsius or 84–88 Fahrenheit during the day.
November: November marks the beginning of cooler weather in Yemen, with temperatures dropping down to 10-13 degrees Celsius or 50-55 Fahrenheit at night while remaining around 24-27 degrees Celsius or 75-80 Fahrenheit during the day.
December: December is usually cool and dry, with nighttime lows dipping down below 8 degrees Celsius or 46 Fahrenheit while daytime highs stay around 19–22 degrees Celsius or 66–72 Fahrenheit.